The Liquid Force Pod Wakesurf Board has an advantageous lightweight surf-style design. However, it does come with a few downsides. Below, we discuss the pros and cons of this high-performance wakesurfer, plus other boards you want to buy instead.
Who is the Liquid Force Pod Designed For?
The LF Pod Wakesurf Board is engineered to cater to a wide range of riders, from beginners to advanced surfers. Its versatility makes it an ideal choice for those who are just starting to explore wakesurfing and wish to progress their skills over time.
Additionally, intermediate and advanced riders will appreciate the board’s ability to deliver exhilarating performance and maneuverability, allowing them to push their limits on the water.
What are the Benefits of a Lightweight Surf-Style Board?
One of the standout features of the Liquid Force Pod Wakesurfer is its lightweight surf-style construction, which brings several benefits to riders.
1. Firstly, the board’s reduced weight enhances maneuverability, enabling quick turns, spins, and tricks. This agility translates to an exciting and dynamic riding experience, making it an excellent choice for riders who enjoy experimenting with various moves on the wave.
2. Additionally, the lightweight design promotes responsiveness, ensuring a more immediate connection between rider input and board reaction.
3. Lastly, the ease of use provided by a lightweight wakesurf board makes it accessible for riders of all skill levels, fostering progression and confidence in the water.
The Liquid Force Pod is Lightweight – and Why That’s Good…
First of all, they made the Pod thinner, narrower and shorter without decreasing the volume. Therefore, it can turn faster (especially nice in tight turns) and is more responsive.
Second, they use a polypropylene material on the top of the board called Innegra. It helps absorb impact while adding virtually no weight to the board. Plus, it gives the rider more support.
Third, they add carbon lines to the base of the board so they can use a smaller stringer. This feature also makes the wakesurf board more buoyant.
Liquid Force Pod – The Pros:
1. Exceptional Performance: The Liquid Force Pod excels in generating speed and responsiveness, allowing riders to take full advantage of the wave’s energy.
2. Stability: The board’s design and shape provide stability, making it suitable for riders looking for a controlled and predictable ride.
3. Durable Construction: The Liquid Force Pod is crafted with high-quality materials, ensuring longevity and resilience even in demanding conditions.
4. Versatility: The board’s ability to adapt to various riding styles and skill levels enhances its appeal among a wide range of wakesurfers.
The Cons of this Wakesurfer:
1. Learning Curve: While the Liquid Force Pod is suitable for beginners, riders new to wakesurfing might require some time to adjust to its performance-oriented characteristics.
2. Limited Suitability for Larger Riders: The board’s dimensions and weight capacity may be less accommodating for individuals with larger body types.
Liquid Force Pod Compared to Other Wakesurfers:
In addition to the Liquid Force Pod, here are 3 more noteworthy alternatives that offer a similar surfing experience:
1. Hyperlite Shim Wakesurf Board: The Shim offers excellent maneuverability and responsiveness, making it a favorite among advanced riders who seek high-performance wakesurfing. Its unique shape and design elements contribute to enhanced control and agility on the wave.
2. Ronix Koal Classic Wakesurf Board: The Koal Classic is renowned for its stability and user-friendly nature, making it an excellent choice for beginners and riders who prioritize a smooth and controlled experience on the water. It provides a good balance between performance and accessibility.
3. Phase 5 Matrix Wakesurf Board: The Matrix offers exceptional speed and maneuverability, appealing to riders who desire an aggressive and lively riding style. Its innovative construction and design features contribute to its high-performance capabilities.
Liquid Force Pod Wakesurfer Specs:
- Rider Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced
- Board Riding Style: Surf
- Compression Molded
- Dura-Surf Construction
- Stringer-less EPS Foam
- EVA Surf Traction Pad
- Tail: Square Tail
- Fins: Quad fin Set-Up
- Sizes: 4’0″, 4’4″, 4’9″ and 5’2″
- About the Manufacturer: Liquid Force
- Get the POD Here
In conclusion, the Liquid Force Pod caters to a diverse range of riders, providing versatility and performance. Its lightweight surf-style design enhances maneuverability, responsiveness and ease of use, benefiting riders of all skill levels.